As a member of our TechOps team, you will oversee all aspects of assigned commercial projects from commencement to completion in the US and abroad. You will manage these projects in a manner that exceeds our customers’ expectations and ensures that we complete our installations in a professional and efficient manner. This position reports to the Director of Technical Operations and is based in our corporate office in Philadelphia, PA.
What we expect from you
- To bring decisive, focused leadership.
- Constant customer focus.
- Desire to learn and improve – yourself, processes, and our company.
- To be results driven.
- To speak up and challenge when you disagree.
- To be accountable to yourself and your co-workers.
- To provide clear, concise organization and communication and transparency to all projects.
- Up to 25% travel expected.
What can you expect from us
- Every opportunity to advance in the company.
- An environment with minimal bureaucracy.
- A culture that encourages candid, open communication, up, down, and across.
- Continued training and development.
- Recognition for achievement of goals.
- Capability to become of the world’s premier experts in new IoT technologies for one of the best and fastest growing companies in the United States.
Desired Skills & Experience Job Specifics
- Strong Project Management skills including project planning, tracking, communication, and risk/issue tracking and management.
- Manage financial aspects of projects through ongoing job forecasting.
- Oversee pre-construction meetings to ensure successful handoff from estimating to field.
- Collaborate with prefabrication and design departments to ensure project equipment is correct and delivered on schedule.
- Set and manage clear goals and expectations to subcontractors and customers.
- Negotiate and resolve all customer concerns.
- When necessary, estimate change orders for assigned projects.
- Manage all jobs closeout procedures.
- Conduct post-project reviews to determine areas for future improvement.
- Provide coaching/counseling to Sales Executives and customers.
- Develop/maintain network of professional relationships within our industry.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (electrical engineering degree a plus).
- Electrical Project Management experience a plus.
- Network installation or planning experience a plus.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication – English language required, Spanish, German, French a plus.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
PHASE 1: We will arrange a call with you to learn a little more about you, and to gauge both sides’ interest in an in-person interview (Phase 2).
PHASE 2: You will be invited to interview with the team in person. Throughout this phase of the interview process, you will get the chance to tour the STRATIS office and interact with our team in a casual, free-flowing environment.
PHASE 3: Final in-person interview to assess our mutual culture add and meet the team at large.
Located in the former East Falls community theatre in the East Falls neighborhood of Philadelphia, STRATIS is widely considered one of the best kept secrets in emerging technology. Since 2014, we have been the leader in smart apartments for multifamily. We were named one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s “Best Companies in America” two years in a row, #740 on Inc. Magazine’s list of 5000 “fastest growing companies,” and our CEO, Felicite Moorman, was Ernst & Young’s 2017 local and regional Entrepreneur of the Year.
As the only system of its kind built for the complexities of multifamily building management, we are leading the global movement for smart cities in the urban and residential sectors. To date, STRATIS has been installed in Japan, Europe, and in over 350,000 units across 46 states in the U.S.
- Competitive salary.
- 401(k) retirement plan (matching).
- Medical, dental, and vision plan.
- Dog friendly office for people friendly dogs.
- Ability to see your contributions impact lives every day.
- Flexible schedules and vacation/work from home policy (including maternity/paternity leave).
- Sponsorship for conferences and educational events.
- Supportive, casual, and professional work environment for a team that focuses on creating linchpins, mentors, and experts in their field.
Recruiters need not apply.