STRATIS IoT is actively seeking passionate engineers to join its family of full-stack software developers who are creating & molding the next generation of smart building technology. Our diverse team is made-up of adventurous, multifaceted individuals who bring what they’ve learned through various walks of life to improve our products.
As a Software Support Engineer, you should have at least one-year of experience in the field, addressing real-world challenges. You will utilize your experience to contribute to customer onboarding and production-issue resolutions for users in our ever-growing IoT platform.
- Evaluate, prioritize, test, troubleshoot, and resolve customer issues escalated from support;
- Act as the primary liaison between Engineering and Support;
- Act as a technical consultant for Support and offer solutions for customers' problems;
- Prepare accurate and timely reports for Operations Stakeholders;
- Work with software development engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented;
- Escalate bugs to development teams when needed, offering recommended priorities and insight for each issue;
- Be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the Support process;
- Work effectively with all hardware components that are part of our software platform;
- Work effectively in an Agile environment;
- 1+ years of professional experience as a software engineer;
- Proficient with Python;
- Eager to take on issues & tickets, resolve them rapidly for Support and for the end-customers;
- Able to communicate effectively with Support, Software Development Teams, Operations Stakeholders, and Product Owners;
- Reliable teamplayer that is on-time, engaged, and contributing;
- Understand engineering best practices and productivity skills such as: source control, unit testing, code review, and agile philosophies & activities;
- Quick to learn new, complex systems and technologies;
PHASE 1: A member of our team will contact you to arrange a call to discuss your professional accomplishments, ambitions, and technical skillset.
PHASE 2: You will be invited to interview with the team. This interview will include a technical review by multiple members of our various teams. Throughout this phase of the interview process, you will get the chance to interact with our team in a casual, free-flowing environment.
Nestled in the East Falls neighborhood of Philadelphia, STRATIS is one of the best-kept secrets in the Philly tech scene. We create smart apartments and intelligent buildings and have been named one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s “Best Companies in America” for 2016 and 2017. Also, Inc. magazine ranked STRATIS No. 740 on its 2019 Inc. 5000, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. As the only system of its kind built for the complexities of multifamily and campus communities, we are leading the global movement for smart cities in the urban-residential sector. To date, STRATIS has been installed nationwide in over 350,000 apartments across 46 states.
- Unlimited headroom in a fast-paced, startup environment;
- Ability to see your contributions impact lives every day;
- Flexible schedules and vacation/work from home policy (including maternity/paternity leave);
- Sponsorship for conferences and educational events;
- Health, dental, and vision insurance;
- 401K retirement plan;
- Supportive, casual and professional work environment;
- Being part of a team that focuses on creating linchpins, mentors and experts in their field.