STRATIS IoT is actively seeking dedicated & talented network installation engineers to join its team that is creating & deploying the next generation of smart building technology. As a network installation engineer, you will be responsible for designing, installing, testing, and maintaining STRATIS' nation-wide networks in its building-wide deployments.
- Prepare accurate technical network diagrams.
- Install reliable networks to include WiFi, ZWave, Zigbee, LoRa, and more. Network equipment will include security gateways, network switches, mounting equipment, access points, hubs/gateways, security boxes, cabling (fiber & Cat), and modems. Buildings will range from new development to retrofits/refurbs, and will range in type from garden style to high-rises.
- Identify and resolve device and network issues & challenges.
- Conduct repairs and maintain preventative maintenance schedules for our sites.
- Monitor and manage networks at our sites.knowledge of infrastructure device installation, configuration and maintenance (i.e. firewalls, routers, switches)
- Answer any and all questions of the Sales team and/or client with regards to our technology, network design, supported devices, installation methods, installation/site activation timelines.
- Understand every key aspect of the software platforms’ features & limitations, know every devices’ core functions, understand network deployment strategies for both new development projects & retrofit projects, maintain relationships with our installation integrators, and advise the Sales Team to ensure clients receive the right solution for their needs.
- Provide excellent client service and be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Be a technical resource for the sales team.
- Review site layouts, electrical diagrams, site images, and other site information to understand and advise others on the installation / site activation requirements.
- Conduct prequalifications & site surveys in coordination with the Sales Engineering team as necessary.
- Actively drive and manage installation & scalability methodology improvements.
- Completely own the network design & installation process; ensure all aspects of a network activation are completed on-time, at a high quality. Consistently refine this process and own it from initial prospective client engagement to passing the fully installed & activated site to the Welcome Team.
- Prioritize tasks well and synchronize with team, project management, the client, and the sales team.
- Be digitally competent; able to use/learn Slack, Email, Word, Excel, Google Sheets & Docs, Adobe Acrobat, web forms, Salesforce, and other common applications.
- Love what you do & be an integral part of our family that is forging a new path in IoT technology.
- This position will report directly to the Sales Project Coordinator.
- 2+ years network installations.
- Low voltage certified in at least one state.
- Willing to be based out of / near Philadelphia.
- Be comfortable traveling around the country for extended periods of time. Most of this position's time will be spent away from the office.
- Knowledge of infrastructure device installation, configuration and maintenance (i.e. firewalls, routers, switches).
- Understanding of network connectivity requirements and troubleshooting.
- Capable of installing network Cat cabling or fiber in challenging retrofits. Able to conquer projects that other contractors would shy-away from.
- Excited to work in a growing company that always has a full project pipeline.
- Excited to travel constantly.
- Capable of performing with minimal supervision.
- Capable of engaging with clients, partners, distributors, integrators, and customers in a professional manner.
- Quick to learn new, complex systems and technologies.
- Excited to impact real people every day through your work.
PHASE 1: A member of our team will contact you to arrange a call to discuss your professional accomplishments & ambitions.
PHASE 2: You will be invited to interview with the team in person. This interview will include a review by multiple members of our various teams. Throughout this phase of the interview process, you will get the chance to interact with our team in a casual, free-flowing environment
Nestled in the East Falls neighborhood of Philadelphia, STRATIS is one of the best kept secrets in emerging IoT technology. We create smart apartments and smart buildings for smart cities, and have been named one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s “Best Companies in America” for 2016 and 2017. Inc. magazine ranked STRATIS No. 888 on its 2018 Inc. 5000, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. As the only system of its kind built for the complexities of multifamily and campus communities, we are leading the global movement for smart cities in the urban-residential sector. To date, STRATIS has been installed nationwide in over 250,000 units across 47 states.
- Unlimited headroom in a fast-paced, startup environment;
- Ability to see your contributions impact lives every day;
- Flexible schedules and vacation/work from home policy (including maternity/paternity leave);
- Sponsorship for conferences and educational events;
- Health, dental, and vision insurance;
- 401K retirement plan;
- Supportive, casual and professional work environment;
- Being part of a team that focuses on creating linchpins, mentors and experts in their field.