STRATIS IoT is actively seeking passionate a Software Engineer in Test to join its family of full-stack software engineers who are creating & molding the next generation of smart building technology. Our diverse team is made-up of adventurous, multifaceted individuals who bring what they’ve learned through various walks of life to improve our products
As a member of this team, you will contribute to the quality assurance of the STRATIS platform applications: the Management Application and the Mobile Application. https://stratisiot.com/learn/
- Test cross-platform software products for use on mobile, web, & tablet;
- Efficiently execute test cases across all features of our services & supported devices;
- Develop automated testing capabilities (i.e. Selenium);
- Assist other developers in setting up automated testing as part of daily code development;
- Test user interfaces & user experience to provide feedback to development & design teams;
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution;
- Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process;
- Work with software development engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented
- Work effectively with all hardware components that are part of our software platform;
- Work effectively in an Agile environment;
- Detail oriented; job applicants will write a cover letter addressed to Chief Innovation & Product Officer, Charlie Hill;
- 2+ years of professional experience as a software developer or as a software testing engineer;
- Experienced with Selenium;
- Comfortable with Python;
- Familiarity with Jira;
- Familiarity with Django;
- Capable of completing thorough testing with minimal oversight within a reasonable time-frame;
- Reporting skills, proficient in creating status reports based on automation & manual testing;
- Able to communicate progress and blockers with team and management, collaborating to work through issues and complete tasks;
- Understand engineering best practices and productivity skills such as: source control, unit testing, code review, and agile philosophies & activities;
- Quick to learn new, complex systems and technologies;
- Excited to be a linchpin for this fast-growing segment of our business.
- Product experience with wireless consumer electronics results;
- Experience with white box testing;
Applicants who provide portfolios or Github links are 3x more likely to receive interviews.
PHASE 1: A member of our team will contact you to arrange a call to discuss your professional accomplishments & ambitions. You may be asked to participate in a technical phone interview as well.
PHASE 2: You will be invited to interview with the team in person. This interview will include a technical review by multiple members of our various teams. Throughout this phase of the interview process, you will get the chance to interact with our team in a casual, free-flowing environment.
Nestled in the East Falls neighborhood of Philadelphia, STRATIS is one of the best-kept secrets in emerging IoT technology. We create smart apartments and smart buildings for smart cities, and have been named one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s “Best Companies in America” for 2016 and 2017. Inc. magazine ranked STRATIS No. 888 on its 2018 Inc. 5000, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. As the only system of its kind built for the complexities of multifamily and campus communities, we are leading the global movement for smart cities in the urban-residential sector. To date, STRATIS has been installed nationwide in over 300,000 units across 46 states.
- Unlimited headroom in a fast-paced, startup environment;
- Ability to see your contributions impact lives every day;
- Flexible schedules and vacation/work from home policy (including maternity/paternity leave);
- Sponsorship for conferences and educational events;
- Health, dental, and vision insurance;
- 401K retirement plan;
- Supportive, casual and professional work environment;
- Being part of a team that focuses on creating linchpins, mentors, and experts in their field.